Welcome to Beatrix Potter Class!
This year, our class has been named after the well-known children’s author Beatrix Potter.
We are looking forward to learning more about her as a class, looking at her writing career and her achievements.
Our theme for this term will be based around ‘Who we are’. We can use this to help us get to know each other over the first terms. Our focus will be on human relationships, including families, friends, communities and cultures.
Our central idea is “Relationships promote a sense of belonging”.
OUR CLASS LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR THIS TERM
OUR OUTSIDE CLASS LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR THIS TERM
We are very excited to welcome the children to school this term and we start our learning journey together as part of the Year R team. This term the children will be learning about the following:
- Maths: Place value and number
- PYP: Relationships promote a sense of belonging.
- PE: Athletics
- Computing: Logging on using their individual account details, E-Safety.
What can you do at home to help?
- Tapestry App: through Tapestry, you will have the opportunity to view your child’s learning at school. We would really love parents to also upload observations from home, so that we can have a holistic approach towards your child’s learning journey.
- Homework: Children will be given a homework menu with a selection of challenges to have a go at. It would be wonderful if you can support the children with this and share their work on Tapestry once complete.
- Reading: We would encourage the children to read for at least 10 minutes a day. This can be a mixture of their school reading book, books/comics that they already have at home. Once your child has read please record this in their reading log so that we can celebrate this with them.
- PE will be taught on a Wednesday. Please make sure your child comes into school in their PE kit.
Mrs Elliott and Mrs Rayner
Family Learning on ‘Who We Are’
Below is a list of family learning options for this half term around our learning on ‘Who we are.’ Please talk to your child to decide which activity you would like to do together each week. Parents/carers are welcome to scribe for children and share what you have learnt about together, and it would be lovely to see children’s learning through making models, drawings, scribed quotes or some writing. Family learning should be completed and uploaded onto an observation in Tapestry once a week, which we will share in class with your child.
In addition to this, teachers will share a variety of learning videos for example phonics, maths or letter formation, which can be accessed through Tapestry. It would be wonderful if you could share these at home with your child.
FAMILY LEARNING MENU
|My Favourite Meal
Draw, stick in pictures or write about your favourite foods to eat. You could draw a big plate and fill it with delicious foods!
|My Family Tree
You could draw a family tree together and add photos of different members of the family. Can you talk about who they are?
Where are your family from? Can you find out about those places? You could add a map, photos or information.
Can you draw a picture of yourself? Have a look closely in a mirror. What can you see?
|Things I Like
Can you list things that you really like? Can you add pictures? You could draw or stick in pictures.
Talk about different parts of the body. Play Simon Says for body parts! Draw around your hand and someone else’s hand and compare their sizes.
|My Favourite Book
Share a favourite story at home. Can you copy the title? Draw some of the characters and explain what you like about the book.
Can you write your name? Practise writing it and find out other things that start with the same letter. Draw pictures of them and label, such as S for Sarah – seahorse, sausage and sun!
Choose anything you’d like to do relating to the topic ‘Who we are.’
PLEASE COULD YOU SHARE ALL FAMILY LEARNING THROUGH TAPESTRY