RESPECT AND CARE FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY WHEN TAKING PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
We are happy for parents and carers to take photos and videos for personal use but request that these images are not distributed or put online if they contain images of other children, adults or staff without consent. This will help protect all members of the community. Thank you for your support.
USING IMAGES SAFELY AND RESPONSIBLY
We all enjoy and treasure images of our family and friends; family events, holidays and events are moments we all like to capture in photos or on video. We now have the exciting dimension of adding our images and videos to our online social networks, such as Facebook, YouTube and many other websites. This means that we can easily share our photos and video with family and friends. While this can be very useful to all of us, we must ensure we protect and safeguard all children and staff, including those who do not want to have their images stored online.
WHAT SHOULD WE ALL THINK ABOUT BEFORE POSTING ANY IMAGES OR VIDEO ONLINE AND ARE THERE ANY RISKS?
- Once posted and shared online any image or video can be copied and will stay online forever.
- Some children are at risk and MUST NOT have their image put online. Not all members of the community will know who they are.
- Some people do not want their images online for personal or religious reasons.
- Some children and staff may have a complex family background which means that sharing their image online can have unforeseen consequences.
- Therefore in order to keep all members of the community safe we must all ‘Think Before We Post’ online.
Failure to adhere to these conditions may, at the discretion of the Principal, lead to a withdrawal of permission to use a camera at future events.